Drylining Site manager
Looking for a Drylining experienced Site Manager to look after a project in Sidcup.
- Plan and co-ordinate a project from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings, and budget.
- Plan the work and oversee the buying of necessary materials and equipment.
- Hire and manage staff for the project.
- Manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control.
- Ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress.
- Check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers.
- Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed.
- Maintain Health & Safety documentation
- Maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project.
- Communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project.
- Deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
Relevant Skills of a site manager include:
- Experience in Drylining
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills – for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals and workers on site.
- Leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills – for monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively.
- Resilience and problem-solving skills – to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process.
- An ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress.
- Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts.
- An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site.
- Sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns.
- Strong Numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
- SMSTS essential
- CSCS Black Card essential
- NVQ 6 in Site management essential
- NVQ 2 Drylining essential
Task Categories (required to ensure Freelancers can find your task)
Freelancer Type required for this task
Task Completion Deadline