Project Planning and Controls
A Project Controls professional with 12 years post education experience gained in both home office and on site environments within the Petrochemical, Oil and Gas and Offshore Wind sectors. I have developed the skills and experience that have led me to quickly progress to a senior level; managing and leading teams in the delivery of an effective project controls and planning function. A function focused on ensuring project objectives are achieved for EPCM Projects and Turnaround/Maintenance Events.
An advocate of the effectiveness of project controls, I have experience in developing and implementing project controls processes and procedures in line with project charters and objectives from project inception to close out.
* Click the button to send an offerInvite to Bid
Project Controls Associate
Offshore Construction Associates are a bespoke engineering and management consultancy focused exclusively on offshore construction projects. Based in London, UK, and Boston, MA, OCA work globally, providing expertise wherever Clients need it. Using experienced staff, OCA can deliver innovative or traditional solutions to project challenges, while helping Clients to manage risk and add value at every opportunity.
As the Project Controls Associate for OCA I am deployed on multiple Offshore Wind Farm Projects providing the project controls services to our clients at all stages of the project.
Project Controls Lead / Lead Planner & Scheduler
Accountable for the Project Controls function on a large Turnaround event on a Tier 1 COMAH petrochemical site. As the Project Controls Lead, I have developed and implemented the methodology for delivering the Project Controls function for the event. Responsibilities include:
• The establishment of the Planning and Scheduling department for the event.
• Management of the Planning and Scheduling department consisting of eight planners and three Schedulers.
• Responsible for the review, audit and reporting of contractor schedule quality.
• Development and accountability of the Risk Management methodology.
• Development and accountability of the Document Control methodology.
• Assisted in the Cost estimate and ‘order of magnitude’ estimate to apply for capital expenditure funding.
• Development, implementation, and updating all Project Controls procedures for the event.
• Responsible for the event schedule develop from a Level 2 management schedule through to a Level 5 Execution schedule utilising Primavera P6 R16.2.
• Through the integration of contractor and operational schedules, achieve a fully integrated Master Schedule for delivering the event, which identifies and accounts for all interfaces.
Planning and Scheduling Leader/Trainer
Consulted the client and lead their team in making changes to improve their planning and scheduling function across all Teesside sites. Overhauled the processes and procedures used to deliver maintenance and outage work on a Tier 1 COMAH site. This formed part of the clients’ global drive to implement a standardised methodology for delivering maintenance and required interaction with every level of personnel on the site.
Planning Engineer/Lead Scheduler
A short-term contract to support and improve the planning function in the delivery of the capital expenditure maintenance / outage projects.
Planning Engineer/Lead Scheduler
Leading the planning and scheduling function on a daily basis in an integrated client, contractor and sub-contractor team delivering an EPCM plant life expansion project on a Tier 1 COMAH Site.
Field based construction planner for the E&I Installation of a southern North Sea gas rig. Responsible for the development of the WBS/CBS, schedule and reporting functions to ensure field progress was captured in a timely manner.
Site Construction Planning Engineer
Responsible for the daily progress capture and reporting of field progress and earned value for a mechanical and piping sub- contractor on an energy from waste plant project.
Client side planning lead for the fabrication, commissioning and installation of an offshore wind farm topside and jacket, as well as the offshore electrical cable installation package.
Senior Planning Engineer
Senior Planning Engineer for an offshore cable installation sub-contractor on the GT1 windfarm.